- Connect – Treat yourself to an hour conversation with your spouse over lunch or schedule some one-on-one time with a family member.
- Finish a project – nothing feels better than letting go of unfinished business. Close a deal. Make a decision that you’ve been putting off or complete that project that has been on the back burner.
- Extra Savasana please – add a quiet, still extra minute or two to your yoga practice by meditating in Savasana.
- Celebrate 2011! Write down 30 of your greatest accomplishments for the year 2011 – Nothing like closing the year out with a look back on all the awesome achievements you’ve had. This is one of my favorite things to do before I plan the new year. (And Xnay on listing what you didn’t do. )
- Stand on your head – really! If headstands are in your practice, take a few minutes to feel the benefits which include: calming the brain, relieving stress and mild depression, stimulates the pituitary and pineal glands, and improves digestion. It also give you a change in perspective. (The good news is that headstands aren’t the only inversion in the yoga repertoire that will give you the same benefits. So if headstands are just too much for you, check out Are You Falling For Inversions Yet? for some new poses to add to your yoga practice.)
What do you do to stay mindful? I would love to hear from you!!
“Cherish your visions. Cherish your ideals. Cherish the music that stirs in your heart, the beauty that forms in your mind, the loveliness that drapes your purest thoughts, for out of them will grow all delightful conditions, all heavenly environment, of these, if you but remain true to them your world will at last be built.” ~James Allen